Monday 27 March 2023

The Lies and Fantastic Tales of An EINO

Volume 4, Issue No. 55

OPINION/COMMENTARY
/ News That Fears None, Views That Favor Nobody /

. . . . . A community service of Romar Media Canada's The Filipino Web Channel (TheFilipinoWebChannel@gmail.com) and the Philippine Village Voice (PhilVoiceNews@gmail.com) for the information and understanding of Filipinos and the diverse communities in North America . . . . . .
 
 Our latest as of Monday, March 27, 2023 

~ Miserable as she is with the declining popularity of her supermarket tabloid, the renowned EINO resorts to verbal abuse and concocts fantastic stories to disparage her critic. Long used to superficial praise and flattery, she disdains any one with a contrary opinion, even if that opinion is the truth. Before her ego takes her on a leap to the moon, she must be confronted with the truth, ugly it may be.

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 


TERESITA "TESS" CUSIPAG OF BALITA 
EINO Gets Touchy, Hurls Malicious Attacks
She Lies Through Her Teeth Again and Again





By ROMEO P. MARQUEZ 
Editor, The Filipino Web Channel



"You're so full of crap, you could pass for a toilet". - Kami Garcia



TORONTO - The community's renowned EINO (pronounced eye-no, meaning editor in name only) is so crass and pitiful she now tries to own parts of my narrative as if she played a role in my personal and professional life.

The reckless EINO is Teresita "Tess" Cusipag, one of a few who projects an image of toughness but is actually a bully; a strong adherent of schadenfreude that she masks as concern; a jailbird contemptuous of norms; and a repeat offender who never learns. (Related story at: https://filwebchannelmagazine.blogspot.com/2020/02/balitas-impudent-display-of.html).

Tucked it all in and we see what she's made of underneath that veneer of false respectability. She seems more like a voyeur, a peeping Tomasa of sorts, who delights in other people's story, especially that which involves intimate touching that she, I believe, intensely craves for.

Unfortunately, the fantastic yarn she weaves is about me, my family, my past relationships, my work, my morality, my career, and my transition to Canada. She insults my parents, my daughters, and the entire family by calling me "patay gutom". (Full story at: https://filwebchannelmagazine.blogspot.com/2023/03/libel-suit-pisses-off-balita-eino.html).

I had no trouble admitting to what is true, live with it, learn lessons, and move on. "Courage to say the truth" was the slogan I coined for my three newspapers in California. It's also my guiding principle in a journalism career spanning five decades now.

But when people attack me with lies such as what Cusipag the EINO did in her entertainment tabloid and on Facebook, I had no choice but to engage her in an offensive of my own. (Related video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NGQX-SucJ4).

I know how low her level of education is; it actually shows in how she "edits" Balita, the newspaper of choice among supermarkets for its bulk, eco-friendly, and a good substitute for plastic in wrapping produce and seafood.

The paper had its glory days when I was writing for it. The lack of bona fides did not stop Cusipag the EINO from lapping up every acclaim for my articles. 

For the first time out of the shadows of her second (or is it third?) husband Ruben Cusipag, she felt ennobled. Who wouldn't? Balita was attracting a more discerning class of readers - the intelligentsia - which had set it apart from the other tabloids.

Those were great moments to be passed up. Because of her inadequacy, unusual for a real editor, she probably did not notice the subtle change in her paper from the time I came in. It had unwittingly adopted my slogan "Courage to say the truth". 

I was telling it in all its beauty and ugliness. I was there breathing oxygen into it. As a result, my articles engendered hostility from hypersensitive readers whose idea of newspapers was limited to seeing pictures of socials and movie stars which Balita continues to propagate.

If truth be told and retold, Cusipag the EINO's newfound respectability did not come from Ruben Cusipag, the paper's founder who had invited me in. He had wanted a competent and experienced journalist to back up his misplaced wife.

The public esteem she had long sought and her unmerited rise to intellectual prominence, as a matter of fact, came from me who she refers to derisively now as a "contributor". 

Well, her lie surfaced when Canada Revenue Agency found after an audit of Balita that I was an employee in all its sense, meaning, and purpose - a fact concealed by her to dodge extending employment benefits. She lied and she was discovered!

I don't know much about Ruben except for his legendary womanizing, but whatever journalistic talents he had died with him and did not transfer to her when he passed in July 2013, so any presumption that Cusipag the EINO was just as good is pure rubbish. It's to her credit, however, that she excels in passing rumors.

She's no saint either. Her merciful, gracious, and charitable demeanor is a put-on. She's an ordinary mortal who answers to the call of the flesh even in her sunset years. (Related story at: https://filwebchannelmagazine.blogspot.com/2019/12/defending-truth-has-its-downside.html).

If she's truly honest, how about squelching rumors, number 1 - that she was (or still is) making beautiful music together with a guy quite known in the private circle of Taste of Manila; and number 2 - that another secret lover supposedly, a so-called king of scammers, is also her advertiser. For one who appears virtuous, that's a spoiler . . . IF TRUE.

One of the odd things Cusipag the EINO talked about was my travels. She says, and I quote her: "We tried to make Marquez comfortable, he was able to travel to Europe, Philippines, back and forth and with us lending him money . . . "

I joined Balita in January 2012. Twenty-eight years prior, that's 1984, I was in Europe, specifically in what's then West Germany working and travelling as a foreign correspondent for Deutsche Presse-Agentur, the German news agency based in Hamburg. (Video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik0AXXyPXaE&t=10s).

I crisscrossed Europe (Barcelona, Madrid, Segovia, and Toledo in Spain); (Essex, London, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace, in England); (Marseilles and Paris in France); (Berlin in Germany again); (Savona, Venice, Rome, the Vatican, Naples, Messina and Taormina in Sicily, in Italy); (and Dubrovnik in Croatia) through no help of Cusipag the EINO.

Here are some videos to support my claim:
1. Julian Assange Calls for Unity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF-94qq7cZE
2. Brandenburg Gate in Berlin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9EvFeMDY7c
3. Visiting Oxford University in England: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG6d6JC-p5g
4. German Parliament at the Reichstag Building; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15KpuuYvqsI
5. Berlin's Checkpoint Charlie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGxIkEzeYD8
7. Soaking Up in Venice, Italy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSvJunIZ2yU
8. Visiting Segovia, Spain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfu-w3lkkQ
10. Jose Rizal in Madrid, Spain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYjRO3Z5Xe8

Why would she steal credit for what my daughters had endowed me with? Those trips in 2012 (the same year Balita hired me) were gifts from them who had gone to Europe a few times before. They took care of plane tickets and hotel accommodations. And for nearly three months during those journeys, ultra-expensive London was my home base. 

How was it possible that Cusipag the EINO would aver bankrolling my travels when all she could afford was to pay me starvation wages? And to add insult to injury, she calls me "patay gutom". What the fuck!

At the beginning of my employment in January 2012, Balita was paying me one hundred thirty dollars (C$130)) per month, which is about C$170.34 today. Compare that pittance with what I got paid for in San Diego, which was US$175 (US$230 now) per article. Per month versus per article, the former was a robbery!

It was a "patay-gutom" salary, undoubtedly, and knowing I was new in Toronto at that time, she took advantage and exploited me. Yet she claims, in her own words: "In Balita as a contributor, he received good honorarium, gifts, bonus, . . . " 

I hope she doesn't choke on her lies. She continues: ". . . now he claims the designer clothes we gifted him were in his words 'mabantot' so he recycled and gave them away as gifts". This is partly true. If her intent was to please, it failed. Being a recipient of fake designer clothes really pissed me off. I was fine without. Indeed, I repurposed them to those wanting to show off.

The only instance she and/or Balita shouldered my airfare was when our bumbling lawyer asked me to rush back to Toronto. I was in Manila visiting for the first time in more than 20 years and he wanted me to testify on a defamation lawsuit that we eventually lost. (Related video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9ykwazA-WE).

I would not spend a dime to satisfy his demand, the lawsuit could wait as far as I was concerned. If it was indeed urgent, then Balita should buy the round trip ticket (Manila-Toronto-Manila) so I could resume my vacation later on. That's exactly what happened.

I will not engage in a pissing contest with the dead. Ruben is at peace since a decade ago this year. But his widow the EINO made a boast of him when he landed in Canada as being "hired as Editor of Newfoundland Signal till he left to start Atin Ito with some friends".

No disrespect, but what the heck is Newfoundland Signal? On the other hand, the worldwide news agency DPA that employed me as chief Philippine correspondent for many years still stands strong.

I will not be defined by the blatant lies and demeaning innuendoes being perpetrated here by a double-dealing bubblehead. It's not for this dimwit to say who I am.

At the same time, however, I'll let Cusipag the EINO draw a characterization of herself. Such a portrait could be derived from what she wrote, and currently does. 

I'm not bothered because I know the truth of what I did, what happened, and what the real score was.

The miserable Cusipag the EINO is caught up in her fantasies. Let her wonder in her world of make believe. (Copyright 2023. All Rights Reserved).

1 comment: