Saturday 25 June 2022

'Tuloy ang Sayad': A Prevaricator's Canard

Volume 3, Issue No. 64

OPINION/COMMENTARY
/ News That Fears None, Views That Favor Nobody /

. . . . . A community service of The Filipino Web Channel (TheFilipinoWebChannel@gmail. com) and the Philippine Village Voice (PhilVoiceNews@gmail.com) for the information and understanding of Filipinos and the diverse communities in North America . . . . . .
 
 Our latest as of Saturday, June 25, 2022 

The mental deficiency of an irate proponent of a street festival in Toronto is unfolding before our eyes yet he continues to spread his cockamamie tale about this journalist he's dying to compare himself with. Flattering it may sound but coming from him, it does not mean anything. To praise (basically to put lipstick on a pig), or be praised, is not the goal of our journalism. Though we may be vilified in the process, ours is to shine the light on the many hidden afflictions in the community being perpetrated by people of suspicious motives. 

 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

THE TRIO LOS BOBOS PLUS ONE

An Envious Mondee's Cockamamie Tale



By ROMEO P. MARQUEZ 
Editor, The Filipino Web Channel


“Those who can't match you will malign you.” ― Amit Kalantri


TORONTO - Mondee, that's Mon Datol, the sportswriter 
(daw) turned podcaster, howls like a dog on a leash and prattles as if a lollipop he was licking had been taken away from him.

He has lost it. I mean he just gave in to his emotions, seeking sympathy, wanting people to believe his lies, and failing. He looked wretched in his podcast apparently emanating from his room somewhere in the boondocks.

I patiently watched and listened carefully even though I knew there was no redeeming value in whatever he would say and has said, thus contributing one click to his small number of viewers.

I pity the guy not only because he looked pathetic but also because he was incapable of discussing something intelligent. I took a gamble anyway.

"Dito sa Toronto, tanungin mo ang maraming tao diyan," he cajoles. "Akala mo ba marami pang nagbabasa sa yo?" That's quite a statement from someone who shows his profound ignorance and detachment from actuality. 

The unthinking dude, however, did not realize that embedded in his tactless remark is the unwitting recognition of the obvious - that many people read me even before he contradicted himself.

If he had said, and this is my own: "Akala mo ba mayron pang nagbabasa sa yo?" as opposed to his: "Akala mo ba marami pang nagbabasa sa yo?" , the statement would have been clearer that nobody reads me anymore.

But Mondee admitted that many people read me, only that they might have been turned off because of what he claimed as 1) "palagi kang tira ng tira"; 2)"banat ka ng banat sa amin nuong araw pa", and 3) "walang humpay ang pagbira dito po sa amin, kasama na ko".

Ha ha ha. Kawawa naman ang gunggong! Parang iyak ng kabayo yan ha ha ha. O, tahan na baby damulag, eto na ulit ang candy.

It sounded like he was so envious . . . and bitter and resentful. Can we blame him? 

Well, through the lifetime of his now-defunct rag sheet, he probably never had a taste of being widely read not just in Canada but also in the Philippines and the United States. The doubts he has are limited to himself and his narrow-minded followers.

If Mondee had the mental facility to understand what a journalist does, he would not be as miserable as he is now. His lies are coming out of his big mouth, ears, and nose and I hate to interrupt while he is at it. (Video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd02DO503DU&t=23s).

But for the record, and for the delectation of the thousands - and I mean thousands, plural - (a thousand is any number from 1,000 to 9,999) who are subscribed to me, plus a few million views (as of this writing: 6,844,274), Mondee and his cohorts would have every envious reason to denigrate this singular achievement.

They aren't just numbers, they are an indication of trust and confidence, is it not? I know the numbers are dizzying, hard to grasp for the likes of Mondee and his ilk whose podcast has pulled in less than 500 views in the more than one year it's been supposedly online. That's distressing.

I worked hard, and continue to do so, to reach that milestone. Whatever I write for print and online publications, and create (as in videos) are for the service of the community with no expectation of reward or anything. It is one reason why I'm raising hell against those who steal from me like Mondee's gang that appropriated my videos.

Mondee's uninformed assertion "Akala mo ba marami pang nagbabasa sa yo?" flies in his face. He tries to hoist himself while deflecting his own reality that nobody, except four or five of his gangmates, would ever waste time listening or watching him twist his mouth, and comes out with his usual chicken shit.

Not content with trying to demean, he goes personal again. Says he: "Hindi ko nga alam kung na-COVID-19 ka, nag-iba ang itsura mo, nagmukha kang matanda, wala kaming balita nuong dalawang taon na yan". 

I guess people had a big surprise to find me with a beard, a mustache, and a ponytail that I deliberately grew during the pandemic. I have not seen the barber groom me all those months. But that's not a concern to me.

Just goes to show how Mondee weaves fantastic tales when he himself has admitted he was "under house quarantine" when the pandemic hit. All the time he was in isolation gratifying himself ala-Jim Paredes, I was busy working, out in the field looking for stories to feed readers hungry for community news. 

He baselessly claims that in those two years of health restrictions, his group didn't know what was happening to me. Why me, you idiot? Well, he's not only a liar; his eyes and ears are impaired. 

In fact, during that period and despite the pandemic, I produced about 200 videos and wrote a little less than 200 articles (183 for my blog alone) for some newspapers in and outside Canada. Mondee and Dannasol Luna, the journalist-by-press-card-and-online-diploma, would have a hard time matching that output. Incompetent, lazy, pa-forma, what else can I say?

Two hundred articles is a walk in the park compared to the mandatory two-to-three stories/features/news analysis every day when I was writing for a world news agency. (Video at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik0AXXyPXaE).

How about Mondee? He could not even sustain his now-defunct tabloid with local stories. And Luna? Forget her, she's just a cutesy adjunct in Little Manila.

I had to mention all this, not to gloat but to belie all the allegations of Mondee and his gang of thieves. They can't think of anything but to destroy me, so Mondee resorts to another lie. 

He says in his usual promdi style of speaking: "Patuloy na tinitira at sinisiran ang Taste of Manila founding president Rolly Mangante dahil di na siya kinuhang media director ng ToM this year. Libo daw hinihingi ni Marquez sa ToM nuong mga nakaraang TOM festivals!" 

Hindi lang bobo, tsismoso pa ang gunggong! Mondee's baseless allegation that I had asked ToM for money and when refused started to attack Rolly "Kabise" Mangante, the driver who stole the idea of ToM and declared himself its founder, is quite bothersome even knowing it's a canard. 

He is dodging the root cause of all this firestorm - that his group The Trio Los Bobos Plus One, et al, stole from me the videos and photos I labored hard to produce at my own expense. Otherwise, I would not have had the reason to dig up their dirt. More skeletons are coming out of their closets.

I do not wish anyone ill, including those who make themselves my enemies, but clearly, Mondee's hallucinating and needs help. He is sick. His thinking is off the cliff. I believe his "house quarantine" is exacting a heavy toll on his empty skull. (Copyright 2022. All Rights Reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment