Sunday 21 July 2024

Pres. Biden Drops Out of US Presidential Race

Volume 6, Issue No. 3

OPINION/COMMENTARY

/ News That Fears None, Views That Favor Nobody /

. . . . . A community service of Romar Media Canada, The Filipino Web Channel (TheFilipinoWebChannel@gmail.com) and the Philippine Village Voice (PhilVoiceNews@gmail.com) for the information and understanding of Filipinos and the diverse communities in North America . . . . . .
 
Our latest as of Sunday, July 21, 2024 

~ US President Joe Biden finally succumbed to pressure and decided to drop out of contention as the Democratic nominee to face Donald J. Trump, the convicted felon and Republican Party nominee, in the November 5 presidential election. Biden threw his full support to incumbent Vice President Kamala Harris and endorsed her to be the party's nominee.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 


VICE PRESIDENT HARRIS IS ENDORSED AS DEMOCRATIC NOMINEE

President Joe Biden Quits Presidential Race
 US Election Is On Nov. 5; Donald Trump Is Republican Nominee




By ROMEO P. MARQUEZ 
Editor, The Filipino Web Channel



TORONTO - US President Joe Biden announced on Sunday (July 21) that he was dropping out of the presidential race, and promptly endorsed incumbent Vice President Kamala Harris to be the Democrat nominee for president.

The 81-year-old has been under intense pressure from among his partymates to quit his reelection bid after a disastrous performance during a debate on June 27 with the convicted felon Donald Trump, 78, recently anointed the Republican nominee.

"While it has been my intention to seek reelection," Biden said in a statement, "I believe it is in the best interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and to focus solely on fulfilling my duties as President for the remainder of my term."

"My very first decision as the party nominee in 2020 was to pick Kamala Harris as my Vice President. And it’s been the best decision I’ve made. Today," he stressed, "I want to offer my full support and endorsement for Kamala to be the nominee of our party this year."

For her part, Harris said in a press statement: "I am honored to have the President's endorsement and my intention is to earn and win this nomination. x x x I will do everything in my power to unite the Democratic Party - and united our nation - to defeat Donald Trump and his extreme Project 2025 agenda."

"We have 107 days until Election Day (November 5). Together, we will fight. And together, we will win," Harris added. (Copyright 2024. All Rights Reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment